Oven vegetables are always a good choice for using regional vegetables or using up leftovers. Paired with creamy mashed potatoes and garnished with cress microgreens, it becomes a festive meal.
A delicious option for oven-roasted vegetables are Brussels sprouts and carrots. Especially with smoked paprika, it harmonizes perfectly with the creamy mashed potatoes, which you can add a lemony note to if you like. It is well known that cabbage is particularly healthy. It is particularly rich in vitamins A and C and contains lots of iron, calcium and magnesium. The bitter substances in Brussels sprouts also stimulate digestion and can even have a calming effect on the stomach lining. Carrots contain mainly vitamin A and biotin, which have a positive effect on the eyes and on fat and protein metabolism. The potato is an extremely important source of antioxidants in our diet. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is full of vitamin C and vitamin B, folic acid, copper, phosphate, potassium and sulfur.
In this combination, the native vegetables are impressive and make an inviting dinner. The tasty marinade and the different consistencies in the food make it particularly tasty. The dish is ready to eat in 40 minutes and does not require full attention throughout. You can also cook/fry it from time to time.
The whole thing is garnished with garden cress microgreens , which make a great eye-catcher and give the dish a fresh, slightly peppery note. It is also full of vitamin E, folic acid and vitamin B.
for 4 servings
for the mashed potatoes:
100 ml vegetable broth
150 ml oat milk
2 tsp sea salt
optional: 30g vegan margarine
optional: some lemon zest
for the vegetables:
500g Brussels sprouts
smoked paprika powder
some sunflower oil, salt and pepper
10 min preparation
30 min preparation
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes, boil them in water for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the water, collect 100ml and mix with 1 teaspoon of vegetable broth. Mash the potatoes with the vegetable broth and 150 ml of oat milk. If necessary, add more liquid and optionally add 30g margarine. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. If you like it fresh, you can now add the zest of half a lemon.
3. In the meantime, for the oven vegetables, wash and halve the Brussels sprouts and carrots. Place everything on a tray and sprinkle with a little oil. Season the vegetables with paprika powder, cumin, salt and pepper. The thyme sprigs also go on top of the carrots.
4. Roast the vegetables in the oven at 220 degrees for 15-20 minutes. It gets really nicely browned if you use the grill function for the last 5 minutes.
5. Now it's time to prepare! Portion the mash, place the oven-baked vegetables on top and garnish with the cress microgreens.